Monday 31 January 2011

My trip south

Events surrounding our lovely Basil very much took over our life for all the time since my return from Devon, so I haven't had a chance to put any pictures on here. Now, however, time and events are moving on., and although Basil remains frequently in our thoughts, there'll be some new doggy news here shortly...

Meanwhile, here is a little from my week away...

At home, and when I travel, I take photos for my Geograph collection - For the uninitiated, it's not easy to explain, but here's a link to the Geograph website: http://www.geograph.org.uk and my own profile page is here: http://www.geograph.org.uk/profile/20032/

In a nutshell, I take pictures of what is there - pretty, ugly, town, country. It's good to spot things that others might not notice. It's very interesting to research my images to provide some information to go with them when they are on the Geograph website. Travelling gives me the opportunity to visit places where I haven't been before with my camera. Here's a tiny sample of the couple of hundred pictures I took during my trip -

On the way south, I paused a while near Dalkeith -


and photographed a tiny takeaway in Newtongrange.



 I stayed overnight in Hawick -


While in Torquay, I wandered the local streets - 


While with my Sister, we had a walk in the Devon lanes -



On the way back, I paused again in Wybunbury, Cheshire - 




It's a good thing digital photography is virtually cost-free!

No comments: