Friday 23 March 2012

Home alone

Sue pops off down to Kent every couple of months, to visit her Mum and catch up with friends. Most times, this is not a problem for me, as I am pretty good at coping on my own - though I admit I have to make sure I do a bit of tidying and cleaning before Sue returns....

However - this time - she has left me in charge of no fewer than four separate groups of visitors who have booked to stay here at The Barn.

AAArrrgh! Panic!!!!

Well, I'll do my best to get everything right, but I am better at mowing lawns and painting walls than I am at presenting breakfast...

One compensation - here is the sunset over the Red Cuillin photographed this evening as I returned to Dunvegan having dropped Sue off at Kyle of Lochalsh to catch her train south...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Good luck with all that! I'm sure the weekenders will be thrilled to be there viewing the lovely scenery and enjoying some Skye hospitality. I'd be happy with yogurt and porridge if I were there right now! (Oh, and a cup of strong coffee! ;)

Linda Howarth said...

You will have no problems Richard having stayed at the Barn twice I know there is always a very warm welcome, and if Sue has left cakes you will do no wrong.

Richard Dorrell said...

Thank you Linda, and yes - Sue made a cake the very morning she left, to be sure there would be a slice for each visitor!