Monday 5 November 2012

New website for Skye Holidays

I've been struggling with this one for a few weeks, but have now decided it's ready enough to launch, so the all-new Skye Holidays website is now live on the old address - www.skyeholidays.co.uk
I think it is all working and displaying correctly, but being an amateur web designer, I am sure I have problems with issues that an expert would solve in seconds (or never create in the first place). My biggest problem is my failure to understand Cascading Style Sheets... maybe one day...

I have now created individual stand-alone websites for each of our cottages, so that we can advertise them individually, which will have the effect of broadening our advertising (and our presence on the internet). There are links to all the websites from skyeholidays, and each should open in a new tab or window.

2 comments:

drgeo said...

Because I have a Macintosh computer I tested 20 or so links on the new web site and every single one worked perfectly! Not everyone is fortunate to own a Scottish computer so I thought I would lend a hand to inspect cross platform compatibility.

There are lots more photos for each cottage now--you have done a fine job of showcasing each lodging! Not enough photos of Cupar, though.

Richard Dorrell said...

The testing is very good of you drgeo, thank you. Thank you also for your comments. I am planning to extend the website as time permits, probably including a 'picture of the day' page, which I'm sure will feature Cupar from time to time!