Thursday 29 November 2012

Skye Tradesmen

There I was in my last post, all optimistic that the refurbishment work at Loch View was well underway, and then the guys who did the knock-through of the wall decided that they no longer wanted to undertake the refitting of the bathroom.

This was after providing a quote for the job, and suggesting to me where I should obtain the new bathroom suite and wetwall for the shower.

However, there are a number of other tradesmen on Skye, and one of them is going to Loch View tomorrow to look at the bathroom job. So I am hopeful we will soon be back on track, and I look forward to posting some more pictures shortly!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Human nature, I suppose. We let each other down from time to time. I hope things work out for the best.

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Most tradesmen are very good but the few give the rest a bad name. We are soon to get people to quote us for an update to our en-suite and bathroom but am nervous that we won't get ripped off or have unreliable workmen. I am using Check-a-trade to select at least one tradesman, will get a quote from one showroom and may get one from a word-of-mouth contact. Let's hope your new tradesmen are up to the job!