Monday 5 November 2012

Tweaks to this blog

Google provides Blogger authors with statistics about their blogs, so I have been aware for a while that this blog has become pretty popular. I've just added a hit-counter at the top right of the page, which is showing page-views per month (I think each post counts as a 'page').

I've also added a search box, which is powered by Google, so it is very efficient, providing you enter reasonably intelligent search terms!

Maybe I need to be careful what I write - who knows who is reading this...???!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

At least one silly woman from the States who'd love to come back to Skye again someday! ;)

Richard Dorrell said...

You are not the only overseas reader by a long way, Gill. I'll copy below October's pageviews by country...

United Kingdom
638
United States
171
Russia
29
South Korea
25
Bermuda
22
Canada
14
France
13
Germany
12
India
9
Indonesia
8

Anonymous said...

Well, your page views will have skyrocketed as there have been two browsers in our household tonight. We started with the 'so you want to move to Skye' post, then both went back and read the whole thing from the beginning. Not finished yet, but I'm stopping here as it's late. Will be back to carry on reading up to date tomorrow. :)
Kath & Mo
MoKaPottery

Richard Dorrell said...

From the begining...??!!! My goodness! I must read it through myself, to see if my thoughts and feelings have changed in the time we have lived here.