Sunday 28 July 2013

New Look for Skye Calling

It's raining today, so with not so much to do, I started fiddling with the settings for this blog. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before I managed to delete all the customised layout that I had previously created, and now I find that as it was all created years ago, I can no longer get it back or even re-create it.

So - we now have a new layout to get used to. It's based on a Google Blogger template. On the whole, it seems OK, though I am struggling with the various customisation options, some of which don't seem to work. And there does not seem to be a way of displaying the photos in a post as a gallery, which I think is a shame. I'll keep playing, and see if I can improve things a bit.

UPDATE !

A bit more fiddling has put things almost back as they were, so I think we'll stick with this layout and colour scheme for the time being. Us oldies are a bit resistant to change...!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on getting things back almost to normal. It is such a pain when technical things go wrong. I agree with you that it is not easy to show a gallery of photos when using a Google Blogger template - something that I find is very irritating when I blog. In fact, having recently become a Facebook user I am considering using this instead of my blog as it is easier to update.

Richard Dorrell said...

Hi Sara,
It only went wrong because I deleted my formatting...all my fault!
As for Facebook - I suppose FB is OK for quick announcements of the 'I'm washing my hair tonight' variety, but generally, the quality of content on there is not worth reading. For me, the diary aspect of a blog is valuable, particularly in the layout I use in 'Skye Calling'. It is very easy to check back to what was happening a year ago, for example - and it's searchable too.
What do you find difficult about writing blog posts...??
Having played with the alternative layouts offered by Blogger, I find that I actually like some of them and am now thinking about launching another blog, mostly in pictures, featuring Skye of course! Watch this space...!!