Saturday 14 June 2014

Thousands of Photographs

I seem to have quite a large collection of photographs. The oldest I have - precious family photos - were taken before I was born. I also have many prints and slides which I took in the pre-digital age, and many of these I have now scanned to create digital copies of them. I am gradually posting some of the pictures online as galleries connected to my autobiography - 'Three Score and Ten'. My story is not finished yet, but sneak previews are permitted - it's here: Three Score And Ten. And here are a couple of the photos I am talking about -

My Mum's family, taken about 1922. Mum is the little girl with a bow in her hair
My Mum, age 21
I also post photos in my 'Skye in Pictures' blog (sorry - not as often as I would like... it all takes time...). Here's the link - Skye in Pictures.

My biggest collection of online photographs can be found within the Geograph website. This is a still-growing and fascinating collection of over 4 million geo-located images from all over the United Kingdom. On Geograph, I now have some 9,000 photographs uploaded, the majority being taken on the Isle of Skye. Many are simply pictures of what is there - often rather dull empty moorland. But some are a bit more interesting. Here's a link to my profile page on Geograph: Richard Dorrell, and here's a couple of my most recent uploads -



No comments: