Saturday 15 November 2014

A Rosy Glow

While Sue and I are staying at Loch View, we are less than a mile distant from Skye's only whisky distillery - Talisker. Below are a few pictures taken yesterday, under a very pink sunset sky...

Much of the product from the distillery goes off to be blended, but there is also a strong market for the single malt, especially when aged by 12 years or more. Although I am happy to sample a wee dram occasionally, I am not any kind of whisky connoisseur .

I still can't help looking at the bonded warehouses as I pass and think about the £££££millions of spirit that is stored there!

Carbost village - all the buildings in the foreground (behind the trees) are the distillery

Talisker Distillery, Carbost

Talisker sunset

1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't care for the stuff myself, but I did pick up a couple bottles once or twice as gifts after having toured the facility and they were appreciated. When we were there I looked over the historical info. for names and photos of possible ancestors and/or their kin. Saw some familiar surnames but I've no proof that my Skye folk were anything but cotters, working the land -- probably for the MacLeod.