Thursday 16 April 2015

Allotment Diary 2015 - getting started

The building works at the Barn have made a bit of mess of the garden, so there's going to be some restoration needed there during the summer. Photos to follow! However, the allotment is a separate piece of land just across our little access road, so the plot has been unaffected. I have spent some time there in the early spring, digging over the beds and getting it tidy. I've dug up the strawberries, as neither Sue nor I are especially fond of eating them, and the crop was barely big enough to be worth making them into jam.

The weather is just about warm and dry enough now to get a few things planted. I am starting the brussels sprouts in pots, and the pots are now in the cold frame. The broad beans and mangetout peas went in the ground last week, and the potatoes and onion sets have gone in today. I'll probably pop back and get some carrots planted later.

No comments: