Thursday 11 June 2015

More Progress at Roskhill - the Garage

Part of the works that we had done at Roskhill this past winter was to have a garage built. Although we have managed without a garage for several years, I have missed the convenience of having a decent space to work in when attending to things like lawnmower servicing or furniture repairs.

I also happen to have the belief that garages are meant for the undercover parking of a car - and it will be a bonus for Sue to have a warm car to go to work in on the cold dark mornings when the winter returns.

So, I am pleased to report that I have now taken a van-load of junk to the dump, and put up sufficient shelves and cupboards in my garage and shed to enable me to store the rest of my 'bits and pieces' neatly enough to leave space for a car - or, in today's picture - my van.

One day (soon...???) it will be my 'toy' Jaguar standing there, and that car will be stored in the barn at Summer Cottage for the winter, which by then we will have emptied of our furniture - much of which is still in there just now!

Finally - just for the record - here's a picture of the allotment as it looks today, with the potatoes all coming along nicely, onions looking OK on the right, and peas and broad beans visible in the further distance. Sprouts and broccoli plants are still in their pots in the cold frame. The runner beans are up, but once again look very yellow and sickly. Is it something to do with the acidity of the soil perhaps? They came on OK last year though, so I'm hoping these will grow-on too.

Garage tidy at last!
Just for the record - the allotment, today

No comments: