Sunday 27 July 2008

Isle of Skye, Essential Gardening Equipment...

With space in the van at a premium when we moved here, I left my watering can in Kent - "Not going to need that" I thought... How wrong I was! Our planted tubs wouldn't be flowering without a daily watering. I'm even watering bedding plants in borders...

It's been a couple of scorching hot days this weekend. We have made the most of it, and done some outside work at the Barn. Sue has attended to a restoration job on a lovely bench we were given by a friend of hers...


...and I have at last installed some steps to make getting to the upper part of the garden an easier propositio
n.


It was hot work - but I am pleased with the result, and they will soon 'naturalise' with the grass growing round the edges.



3 comments:

val said...

The steps look fine...but how is your hernia!?
val

Richard Dorrell said...

Umm, - I did wonder if shifting paving slabs was a great thing to be doing with a hernia, but I seem to be OK!

Worcestershire Turnip said...

Glad you're getting good weather. Here in Worcs it's at last improved but one night there was a terrific thunderstorm in the early hours that resulted in KT coming upstairs to join the other dog.

Your garden seems to be coming on very well. I like the bench which reminds me of the one I left behind last year when I moved. I think if I had brought it the furniture van would never have moved, or more likely I would have needed two vans.