Tuesday 5 May 2009

Ouch!

This sad sight greeted me after returning from walking Basil one evening last week -  Someone unknown had swiped my parked van with a large vehicle...


The following day, I went to the local garage to get an idea of the cost of repair. The garage owner suggested I should report the incident to the police, as the repair was likely to be expensive...

With expectations of little outcome, I phoned the local police station. To my surprise, about two hours later, two officers turned up to take a full statement from me. They also carefully examined my van and even attempted to obtain a sample of the paint left by the offending vehicle.

Pretty good service, I thought - at least they had shown an interest..

Imagine my surprise when the following day we get a phone message to say that the offending vehicle had been traced and the driver has been reported to the Procurator Fiscal for consideration for prosecution...

I guess there'll be more to follow on this one! Meanwhile, I need to get the van fixed!

No comments: