Sunday 3 October 2010

Visitors and Raasay

The busiest part of the holiday season is drawing to a close, so we are now eager to have friends and family come and stay with us before the winter weather takes a hold. We've just had a long-time friend of Sue's stay for four nights, and my sister and her husband are due here shortly.

It's nice to have visitors - taking them out means that we can become tourists ourselves!

Sue's friend was keen to visit the island of Raasay. It is a small island off the west coast of Skye with a resident population of around 200 people. It is reached by ferry from Sconser on Skye. I have been determined to visit there myself for ages, and never managed it. Now at last, I have been, and I am left keen to go again.

If you think Skye is quiet - try visiting Raasay...!!

The Cuillin (on Skye) from Raasay

Brochel Castle

The road to the north of the island

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Island is beautiful and has so much tradition, we always give a warm welcome to any visitors who come. Whenever you do come and visit be sure to have a look at my jewellery gift shop http://thesilvergrasshopper.com