Friday 22 July 2011

Great weather

We are enjoying a spell of especially good weather just now. There's a breeze to keep the midges away, but the sun shines much of the time, and the temperatures are up to about 20C.

I've mentioned previously that I have a contact who owns a building plot in Harlosh (a couple of miles from Roskhill). He has a shipping container on the site, and I have taken on the job of giving it a couple of coats of rust-proofing paint. I have to admit, I am thoroughly enjoying spending the occasional hour or two on the job, and when I glance over my shoulder - this is the view...

2 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds (and looks) heavenly! We're enduring a particularly hot summer here in Texas. Today was our 22nd day in a row of 100 degrees F (38 C?) or higher. I'll take Skye, even with the midges!

Richard Dorrell said...

The unusually hot weather in parts of America has even been reported on the UK news. I couldn't bear temperatures like that. Our maximums of 20C (68F) are just right - and much of the time there's enough breeze to keep the midges in hiding too.