Wednesday 16 July 2014

Forest walkies

Sue is currently away on one of her trips south to visit her Mum and friends, so I am left on my own to cope with all the holiday visitors and the cleaning and laundry... This is the last time I'll have quite such a daunting task, as we close the Barn's 'Bed and Breakfast With a Difference' in October prior to the start of the re-conversion of  the building. Not having visitors upstairs will reduce the workload considerably!

But it's not all 'nose to the grindstone'. I still get to walk Cupar, and with the weather being fine yesterday afternoon, I took the opportunity to take him up one of the tracks in nearby Greshornish Forest. There were footprints of red deer everywhere, and Cupar's nose and ears were in the air, so I was forced to keep him on his lead for most of the walk, but we still enjoyed a lengthy trek, and both slept well last night!

Here's a few of my pictures from the afternoon. Sorry - none include Cupar!

Ruins of a long-abandoned settlement (among the bracken)
Forest and view to Trotternish
The track
View to the distant Cuillin

No comments: