Tuesday 21 June 2016

A Frustrating Wait...

Over a week ago, I excitedly posted on Facebook that I had bought the new 'toy' that I have been promising myself for a year or two.

And I have, indeed, bought  a stunning 2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 Coupe in the rare colour, Winter Gold, complimented by a gorgeous interior in caramel soft-grain leather with walnut trim. Here it is:

My new car, alongside Sue's C3, at PPM, Milton Keynes, just after my first drive
Inside
The car is a recent import from southern Ireland, where it has languished, little used, covering only 15,700 miles from new. All the history of the car checks-out fine, and I have been in touch with the Dublin Jaguar dealer who has serviced it.

Now the frustrating bit - the dealer in the UK who I am buying the car from, and who imported it, had applied to the DVLA for UK registration, but made a mistake on the forms, so the DVLA has sent the whole application back to the dealer, who has had to re-apply. This is leading to an agonising wait of at least a couple of weeks before I can go back to Milton Keynes and bring the car home...!!

However, it will happen soon, and I'll then get my new PS55 KAT registration on the car, and take some pictures with Skye in the background!!

No comments: