Monday 13 February 2012

Stunning Skye

I had the chance to get out for another walk yesterday - I just don't seem to get enough time for walking these days.

Ridiculous - I am supposed to be retired!

Anyway, I set off with a slightly ambitious route plotted on my GPS device, taking in a summit and a long walk through difficult boggy terrain to get to a bronze age souterrain or earth house. I knew this bit would be wet, because I've been there before, but with a flat camera battery... This time, I made sure I was able to get some pictures.

I'm pleased to report that I completed the 7 miles or so in a shade under four hours, with only slightly soggy feet, and will append a few of my pictures here. I will be posting about 50 more on Geograph, so if you want to see them all - they should all be there within a day or two. This is the link to my Geograph profile page: http://www.geograph.org.uk/profile/20032

Glen Bracadale - not a path, road or house in sight! (The little dot on the right is a ruined barn)!

View to Loch Bracadale from close to the top of Ben Duagrich

Entrance to the earth house - constructed some 4000 years ago.....!!!!!

A peep inside the entrance...

The route  back home.

4 comments:

Jill said...

"Like, like, like!" ;)

Richard Dorrell said...

Thanks Jill!

drgeo said...

Not only a 14 mile hike, but 100 photos! Wind at your back, bog frozen, no midges--a fine day.

Richard Dorrell said...

Frozen bogs are a winter bonus drgeo, but I'm still not sure I'd want to take on 14 miles of them!