Monday 30 April 2012

Off to Rowan...

No - Sue hasn't chucked me out...!!

But as we have a couple of weeks with no-one staying at Rowan Cottage (which is bizarre, as May is usually fully booked...) I am off there tomorrow for a couple of days to do a bit of maintenance work. The van is loaded with mower, tool boxes, ladders and paint. I just need to pack my bag.


I'll be packing my walking boots as well, as being on the south of the island for a day or two gives me the chance to explore some bits of Skye that I wouldn't normally get to from home.

Incidentally, this little van is brilliant. It's a Citroen Berlingo, the 'new' shape. It has the 90bhp 1.6 litre diesel engine, which provides excellent 'go' and I average around 52mpg. The load space is so versatile. Here, I have folded the passenger seat into the footwell so there is ample length for my ladders - and if necessary, a passenger could still squeeze onto the tiny middle seat.

No comments: