Friday 18 May 2012

Ruach Country Park

I have an acquaintance who owns a large building plot at nearby Harlosh. A house, to be named Ruach, will eventually be built there. The owner lives in England, and doesn't get up here very often, so actual development of the site, although underway, happens in fits and starts.

Mr Ruach (as I call him) has had a pond dug on the site, and has also planted a few shrubs and trees. He has asked me to be a kind of caretaker for the site, so I pop over from time to time, check the storage container for damp, or any other problems, and generally keep an eye on things.

Last summer, the site disappeared beneath a thick jungle of growth of all kinds - it is nicely natural, but completely inaccessible! So this year, I am going to try to manage the site a little. During the winter, I have created a couple of bridges over drainage channels, and plotted a pathway through the jungle, which I plan to keep strimmed. This will provide access round the back of the pond from the road entrance.

Here's a few pictures taken today...





No comments: