Sunday 17 April 2016

100,000

This number came up on the dashboard of my van the other day – on the odometer – so I thought I should record this ‘milestone moment’.

99,999... and one mile later...
100,000 miles!
I didn’t buy the van new. It was first registered 10th October 2009, and I took ownership in November 2010, with the mileage then about 18,000. So I have done my 82,000 miles in five and a half years.

It’s a cracking little van, and just a perfect size for carrying my tools, lawn mower, strimmer and Cupar’s dog-crate. Though of course, it has also been put to use moving furniture (a double bed with mattress can be squeezed in), large quantities of wall and floor tiles, and a wide variety of DIY and decorating materials.

For the record – the van is a Citroen Berlingo 625 LX HDi 90. I know I tempt fate by saying this, but it has been almost completely reliable thus far, having just routine servicing plus a couple of visits to the garage with a sticking rear brake caliper. It still has its original battery and exhaust, and apart from the CD player and one illumination light on the dashboard, everything still works. It drives fine too, and according to its trip computer returns an average of about 54 miles per gallon.

I’ve no immediate plans to replace it – and if I did, it would be with another Berlingo. The new ones are not a lot changed from mine, so there doesn’t seem much point. So let’s see how it’s going when 150,000 comes up on the odometer!


No comments: