Sunday 24 April 2016

My Secret Treat

... but perhaps not so much of a secret, as I am writing about it here...!

But, yes, I am planning to give myself a treat - a toy - an extravagant luxury that I really do not need, but I know I will enjoy, and will give me a great deal of pleasure, and probably some financial pain.

To explain further...

For my everyday transport for the past 12 years or so, I have been driving a VAN. This has been a necessity, and so has been OK. The van is great for hauling about all sorts of stuff, but it's really not too much fun to drive. Now, at last, I am finding myself in a financial position where I can buy for myself a PROPER CAR...!!!

I'm not talking 'practical' or 'sensible' here... It's no Toyota or Skoda for me. I'm historically a car-nut. Previous Dorrell-drives have included (among many others) an MGB, a Reliant Scimitar, A Daimler Sovereign and a couple of V8-engined Triumph TR7s.

My next car will be a Jaguar XK, with 4.2 litre V8, 300bhp engine, full leather interior, and sleek, sublime coupe bodywork. Here's a picture of one (though I prefer black...).


I have already bought my number plate... PS55 KAT... The plate is as close as I could get to 'Puss Cat' at a sensible price (think ... Jaguar.....!)

I am still a few months away from having saved enough £££s to go shopping for my toy, but be sure the car-search story will unfold on this blog!

No comments: