Monday 5 July 2021

Purple, White And Yellow

Every spring and summer on Skye, we are enchanted by the flourishing outburst of wild flowers that wave and blossom on every inch of roadside and moor. The plants squash together in a chaotic muddle, and thrust their flowers towards the sky to attract the pollinating insects that ensure more similar plants the following year. The sheer variety of shape and size of plant and flower is bewildering, but in colour, they all tend towards purple, white or yellow. I challenge anyone to name them all.... 

(Photos all taken today within half a mile of the Barn).

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

26


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't nature wonderful when you get down close and take a good look? The orchids are beautiful. Like many people I can name some of the wild flowers but not all of them so will probably look up a few to extend my knowledge. If I photographed all the wild flowers near me it would be interesting to see how they compare. If we ever get a dry day again I just might give it a try!