Wednesday 23 February 2022

The Latest 200 XMF

I have just changed my car again. My 5 year old BMW X3 has been replaced by a nearly-new Volvo V90 - the Cross Country edition, with slightly raised suspension and permanent 4-wheel drive. This car has Volvo's B5 mild-hybrid diesel engine, producing about 40bhp more than the X3, and the electric boost adds a little more oomph when accelerating. So it is quicker, smoother and also quieter than the car I have replaced. Cupar seems to like the huge boot.

In keeping with what has become a tradition, the Volvo is now wearing my 200 XMF number plate. I think it is the now the eighth vehicle to bear this registration. The plate was originally assigned to a 1959 Peerless GT which I owned from about 1994 to 2003. When I sold the Peerless, it was to someone who planned to permanently export the car, so I asked the prospective new owner if he would be happy for me to keep the plate. (As it happened, the Peerless stayed in the UK, but that is a different story). So, the plate has been on all of my 'everyday' vehicles since that time.

The latest 200 XMF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very smart! I want one .... but, for me, not in black! Black looks great when it's clean so your car will always look good as you seem to enjoy cleaning your cars. Hope to see it down south when you next visit.

Richard Dorrell said...

Hi Sara (Anon..) I agree, black was not my first choice either, but there are so few used cars about at the moment, and the deal was good on this one. As for next visit south - I haven't parted company with Puss-the-Jaguar yet.....